Pinterest has refined promoted pins so brands are now better able to make the most of their marketing dollars on the social photo-sharing site. Recent changes include new audience targeting, promoted app pins, and, most importantly, cinematic pins. Cinematic pins incorporate the use of video on Pinterest Videos.
Why is this important?
Video is an important feature for any social platform because:
- Video allows brands to tell their story verbally and visually
- People remember 80% of what they see, 20% of what they read, and 10% of what they hear (So why not take advantage of all three opportunities with video?)
- Videos are used to sell, educate, and entertain (Many of today’s consumers are information-hungry, so why not give the people what they want in an entertaining way and reap the benefits?)
- 74% if all internet traffic in 2017 will be video
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI
Pinterest describes cinematic pins as a “thumb-stopper.” The cinematic pin motion is triggered when scrolling over it and stops once the user scrolls past it. Many credible brands are already taking advantage of this new feature including Gap, Wendy’s, L’Oréal, and Banana Republic – and we think it’s going to be a great opportunity for brands that utilize Pinterest.